Kevin brings to the Board many years of experience in Club Management and has a passion for the world game and the role that Playford City Soccer Club can achieve in the Australian football structure, his desire and drive is to assist the club in its goals, returning to top flight football and to excel in all areas both on and off the field.
Kevin first became involved in 2001 when approached to be on the inaugural committee as treasurer when the club was transitioning from a private company back to an incorporated body for both players and the community to enjoy.
In 2008 Kevin grasped an opportunity and became one of the driving forces behind the acquisition of the Anglevale Tavern for the Playford City Soccer and Community Club.
Kevin has previously worked in the marine industry, working on projects spanning over twenty five years and also in the vehicle industry.
Currently he works for the South Australian Government Financing Authority in the Records, Knowledge and Information profession and also a director of a small Family business.
Currently Chairman of Playford City Soccer and Community Club and a Board Member, Kevin looks forward to helping create successful partnerships and to achieve a sustainable future for the club and all involved.
Greg brings considerable commercial knowledge and expertise to the Board. Greg managed the Adelaide Freight Terminal for 6 years before taking on Train planning for a national network.
The past 8 years Greg has been involved in WHS for an International company developing procedures, policies and training packages to meet legislation compliance.
Greg holds a Diploma in WHS, SAI Global Lead auditor in WHS, Cert IV in Training and Assessment, Cert IV in Frontline Management, Finance in 5 days Mt Eliza.
Greg was involved in the successful bid to gain the gaming licence and acquisition of the Angle Vale Tavern
Greg has been involved at the club holding various positions including assistant coaching rolls with our juniors, 3 years as Junior Coordinator and 4 years as the Club Chairman before becoming Director of the club with the successful application and acquisition of the Angle Vale Tavern.
Greg is actively involved in the One Tree Hill Tennis Club assisting the club as part of the committee.
As a board member of the Club Andrew Knowles brings a wealth of experience to help steer the Club to a successful and prosperous period.
Andrew Knowles has owned and been Managing Director of 5 different Companies, the most notable being Rite Price Heating & Cooling which has been operating now for over 25 years . He has also sat on the board of the National Company, Australian Airconditioning Distributors.
Within these positions one of Andrew’s key roles was to promote and advertise the brands to gain market recognition and place them to attract the public’s interest. His role on the board will be very similar in working with Steve Varacalli, Bill Cochrane, Greg Voight and Kevin Winfield to promote Playford City Soccer Club and Angle Vale Tavern as recognisable and enjoyable places to visit.
Andrew Knowles has a special connection with Playford City Soccer Club as he grew up in Elizabeth North just down the road from the original Elizabeth City Soccer Club. Andrew has always been passionate about the Club having played for first team in 1981 as a then 15 year old. He now supports the Club as a sponsor through some of his Companies and enjoys coming to watch as many games as possible.
Stephen brings considerable commercial knowledge and financial expertise to the Board. As the Manager and Senior Economic Advisor at a boutique management consultancy, Stephen’s competencies include merger, acquisition and transaction evaluation, project management, advanced statistical analysis, valuation theory and practice, financial modeling and strategic development. In addition, Stephen has completed several residential and commercial property developments and also advises the board of directors at OneVault Enterprises, a club sponsor.
Stephen holds a Master of Finance Degree (Distinction) from the University of New South Wales, an Honours degree in Economics from the Australian National University, as well as Bachelors of Economics and Finance from the University of Adelaide.
Stephen played for the arguably the club’s best junior team and also represented the club at senior level, (Chris McKenna best young player in 2002). Unfortunately, Stephen never fulfilled his potential as he was forced to stop playing at a young age due to a long standing illness. He is very passionate about the club and has long term ambitions to coach at the club.
Stephen is also a Cancer Council Ambassador and actively contributes to raise funds and awareness for this cause.
Manager-Director – Hospitality Administration Team (HAT) Pty Ltd
- Deputy President of Clubs SA – 1998 to 2015
- Deputy President of LCITF – 1998 to 2015
- Independent Gaming Corporation – 1998 to 2015
- President/Chairman Club Safe Ltd – 2006 to 2015
- Executive Board Member of Clubs Australia – 1998 – 2015
- General Manager, Gaming Operations, SAJC – 2002- 2005
- Marketing/Gaming Manager Central District F.C. – 1993 to 2001
- Government Liaison for the Club Industry – 2015
- Also had ten years experience as a Regional Manager in the Banking Industry
- Owned and operated a transport business for seven years.
- Clubs SA
- Licensed Clubs Industry Training Foundation
- Independent Gaming Corporation
- Club Safe Ltd
- Club Management Services Pty Ltd
- Hospitality Management Team (HAT) Pty Ltd
- As listed above and worked with as many as twenty other clubs here and interstate as an adviser/consultant to them.
- Founding Member of Kiwanis – Para Districts
- Played for and is a Life Member of the C.D.F.C. and captained the Club
- A Life Member of the S.A.N.F.L. as well as representing the State.
- A Life Member of Clubs SA
- Associate Diploma in Business Management
- Previous Member of the Australian Marketing Institute
- Previous Member of the Australian Institute of Management
- Successful completion of Dale Carnegie course in Public Speaking and Human Relations.
- Completed a Trade in Fitting and Turning.
- Forty plus years involved in the Club Industry.